Seven Seas Care believes that care for the little things in life is what ultimately has the greatest positive impact. Care for coral is care for our oceans. Care for visitors who are diving into the ocean is care for our environment. Awareness of that connection leads to action, creating a synergy that cares for not only people but also nature. With over 15 years of diving and environmental tourism industry experience, Seven Seas Care Director Carolyn Caporusso provides one-on-one training, consultation and assistance to individuals and businesses regarding environmental education, citizen science, scuba training and dive shop management. Whether you’re a visitor to Bonaire looking to learn more about the marine environment or an organization in need of a collaborative consultant, Seven Seas Care will take care of you. To connect, please email email@example.com.
Bobbejan’s BBQis one of the most popular take out restaurants on Bonaire. Terence de Haseth works together with his parents in this family owned business. Bobbejan’s BBQ is already using compostable food boxes in different sizes, cutlery, straws and bags, which are all made from plant-based materials. However, Terence would like to share some practical tips on how restaurants can become more sustainable on Bonaire:
· Panadero Trading can pick up your old frying oil, so that it can be recycled on Bonaire;
· Use Eco Di Caribeproducts for cleaning, these cleaning products are made from natural ingredients and the company uses a refill system in order to reduce plastics.
· Separate waste like glass bottles, they can be picked up separately by Selibon N.V.
· Re-use sturdy packaging materials such as plastic buckets and containers.
· Create awareness with consumers, for example: charge customers a little extra, when they ask for four portions of the same item, but insist on individual packaging for each, using four separate boxes instead of one.